The AFLS Assessment Protocols
Generate successful programs for your learners
The Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS) is a criterion-referenced skills assessment tool, tracking system, and curriculum guide for teaching children, adolescents, and adults with developmental disabilities the essential skills they need in order to achieve the most independent outcomes. Educators, professionals, and parents/caregivers using the AFLS report positive results almost immediately.
This developmental disabilities and autism assessment can be used with early elementary to adult learners. Unique in its ability to meet individuals at their skill level, the AFLS engages and guides its users across all environments in achieving the highest possible levels for the individuals they serve.
AFLS is the highest quality most versatile assessment system available that offers learners a pathway to independence regardless of what skills they possess. This product provides the basis for developing a curriculum or treatment plan in the areas that are most relevant and important – home, school, in the community, and beyond.
Distinctive in its simplicity and affordability, AFLS was created with one goal in mind – to help learners gain the skills and confidence they need for functional living. There are a multitude of opportunities for learners with disabilities to be active members in their communities. These abilities become reality when using the AFLS independent living skills assessment system across all critical areas for functional living.
Why the AFLS Works
- Utilize Anytime, Anywhere – The AFLS spans all areas critical to the development of functional living skills (Basic, Home, School, Community, Vocational, and Independent)
- Need Curriculum? Use the AFLS to Develop It! The AFLS supports and enhances any curriculum – no matter the mandated curriculum – the AFLS works with them all
- Easy to Understand – Written in practical non-technical language; no certification required
- Simple to Use – Complete with a Guide that provides step-by-step instructions with examples and methods making the system easy for all stakeholders
- Affordable and Customizable – The AFLS is significantly less expensive than other autism assessment tools and users can customize their program to the needs of any learner at any time